Can you believe we’re almost at the end of March? Secretly pleased that time is moving pretty quickly, closer to the end of lockdown and the return to some kind of normality. I have been super busy and at the same time, not entirely sure what I have to report on. I do know this; the sun is out, we’re on the third day of Spring in the UK and I’m here for it.
As it has been a little while, here’s a quick stop update of what I have been up to.
- Spent a helllla lotta weekend mornings in bed until noon with a book. Loved every second.
- Made a lot of pancakes
- Had a good few Hello Fresh date nights
- Visited mum
- Painted our living room fireplace and making home feel more homely
- Brought new skincare from Glossier and obsessed over it
- Online window shopped (FOR EVERYTHING)
- Attempted uni work
- Spent some time writing
- Rearranged the bedroom
- Took the dog to the vets for her vaccinations
- Hid the dog from landlord
- Went for a few walks
- Had a couple of very good takeaways
- Blocked my sink with melted candle wax
- Unblocked my sink
- Made cookies and cakes
- Obsessed over pregnancy videos on YouTube
- Obsessed over author Q&As on YouTube
- Took the car for its MOT (it passed!)
- Spent 3 hours cleaning the car
- Occasionally worked
- Watched the new (and final) season of KUWTK – pass me the tissues
- Been planning my best friend’s hen
- Been planning my summer
- Been planning life
- Been thinking about potential novel ideas
- Having occasional panic attack about lack of novel ideas
- Procrastinated a lot
- Made a lot of coffee
That just about sums it up. Lockdown 3.0 has been pretty up and down but I’m slowly seeing an end, excited for what’s to come and SO ready for summer and sunny days. It makes so much difference and although I’ll be working from home for the long haul, I kind of feel okay about it. Looking forward to sunny lunch breaks, enjoying walks with the dog, slower mornings, impromptu cleaning, midday showers, no evening commute, days in my dressing gown. It has its downs but as the world reopens, I think I’ll feel good about being home – silver linings. We’re getting there.
What have you been up to and what are you looking forward to?
Catch up very soon.