Hello Friends. As I have been bed bound for the past couple of days, I thought it’d be the perfect time to sit down and have a chat about what I have been loving so far in 2016. I miss sharing my best buys with you, but being on a monthly paid salary now means I have to be so much more careful about how I spend my money. Saying this, it’s February. It’s -2 degrees outside, I have to venture out in my lunch breaks to avoid going stir crazy in the office which consequently means I end up in shops, buying things I don’t need but have been loving anyway. Here’s a couple of trusty items that are seeing me through winter –
1. Saconne Jolys – My top favourite of this winter is actually something that didn’t require spending any money (go me).The Saconne Jolys for anyone that doesn’t know me at all, are the Irish family of vloggers that post 16 minutes of their lives to the internet every single day. Despite having watched their lives everyday for almost two years now, I am completely in love with them at the minute. If you want cute singing babies, lots of dogs and good times, Saconne Jolys is a go to.
2. Emma Hardie’s Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm – One of my priciest purchases of this year is Emma Hardie’s cleansing balm and it has been a god send. At £38 from feel unique, the cleanser as you’d expect, is long lasting, low maintenance and perfect for keeping winter skin hydrated plus the cleansing cloths which I ordered more of, are amazing exfoliators. Definitely worth the dollar.
3. Rimmel 107 – Kate Moss’ trusty red lip isn’t a new purchase but definitely needs a shout out this winter as it still serves as my go to lippy for any occasion.
4. The Art of Mindfulness, Peace and Calm Colouring – This winter, I have fallen back in love with adult colouring. As someone that is now constantly looking at a screen at work, on my phone or watching tv, I was desperate for something to do in my down time that didn’t need too much brain power. Obsessed isn’t the word.
5. L’Oreal’s La Palette Nude – This winter I decided to delve back into some high street makeup and gave L’Oreal a go. This ‘Rose’ palette has some to die for shades, they are all amazingly long lasting and blend really well. The mirror is also a handy extra. I am particularly loving the pinks and golds.
6. L’Oreal’s Telescopic Mascara – I am a big big fan of Guerlain’s mascara so upon running out, I had a slight panic about getting something new in and so opted for the L’Oreal Telescopic mascara and I’m not sure I’ll be looking back for a while. Although still at the higher end of prices for high street, It has been well used, gives my lashes incredible length and volume and surprisingly, stays on until I scrub it off which sometimes may not be until the morning (guilty). One of my definite favs this winter.
7. GHD Curling Wand – Christmas has come and gone but I am still head over heels with my curling wand that my parents treated me to. Initially, I thought I’d find a wand difficult as opposed to previously using tongs but it’s super effortless and makes such a difference to a casual outfit, especially since the wind has been out of control this winter and straight hair lasts around 2 seconds.
8. Pancakes – I am a massive lover of comfort food and this winter, I am binge eating like mad. It’s no secret that February is the month of pancakes and I am fully addicted. I’m not even sorry.
9. My FRENDS Taylor Rose Gold Headphones – I purchased these babies this time last year and haven’t regretted a single thing. Not only are they super pretty and keep me sane on the commute, they are come in massively handy as their secondary use – earmuffs. Incredible for winter. If you fancy a pair, you can get them all over the web or find out more information on their site.
10. Weekends – A given really but I am really appreciating my weekends in 2016. I can sleep, chill, cuddle, get drunk, eat food, watch endless netflix, blog if I fancy, go for a drive or shop or bake. I never realised how amazing those 2 days off could be until I started counting down those 5 days in the office until the next Friday.
So there you have it, a run down on my current favourites. I’m not sure how often I’ll share these but it’s been a while and I’ve had some good’uns on my list. Winter will always be my time to endulge, be a little lazy, eat out a lot, stay in bed a lot, shop online. Soon, Summer will be upon us (maybe, hopefully) and I’ll be better behaved. I promise.