We all know that I love Jamie, and today, I needed a bit of 15 minute meals in my life (which always ends up being an hour let’s be honest). I thought it might be an idea to share my dinner with those of you that isn’t surrounded by Jamie’s recipe books and this adapted one, is summery and super simple.
WHAT YOU NEED –
for the salad: handful of pine nuts
mixed salad leaves (supposed to use Chicory, but I cheated)
45g manchego cheese
for the pasta: 320g dried penne
70g chorizo (I just chucked in about 4 sausages ‘cos I love ’em)
3-4 breasts of chicken
1 fresh chilli
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
3 cloves of garlic (less if you are not a fan)
1 large egg
1 lemon (2 if you love lemon juice)
2 heaped tbsp fat free natural yogurt.
SO BASICALLY A LOT OF MAKING IT ALL UP..
THE HOW –
1. lightly toast the pine nuts in a frying pan for a couple of minutes and toss in the penne pasta to a pan of boiling water.
2. prepare your salad leaves and spinach into a serving bowl and slice in your peeled clementines. Scatter with a bit of grated manchego cheese and hot pine nuts. Put it all aside for later.
3. Chuck in your diced chicken breast into a sizzling pan and let it slightly brown. Slice up your chorizo, chilli and rosemary and add to the pan. Add a pinch of pepper and allow to sizzle. Squash in the garlic and stir until everything is lightly golden.
4. To make your carbonara sauce, you want to beat the egg, lemon juice and remaining grated cheese together in a bowl.
5. Drain your pasta and add to the chicken and chorizo. The pour in your sauce and mix it all together. Let simmer for around 5 minutes to allow it all to combine and add a splash of water if needed.
5. Dress your salad, serve and ENJOY.
so so easy and tastes so good. I’ve made this a couple of times now and thought it’s about time I gave it a share. I have never had orange and hot nuts in a salad before, but it is truly life changing. Give it all a go.