Happpy Very Late Sunday Friends. I have spent a lot of money in the past month but a lot of this, has been on holiday bits and bobs which you will all get a peek at, at one point or another. Aside from this, I’m not a huge fan of modelling all the clothes that I have picked up and so there hasn’t really been anything for me to show you beautiful people. I should tell you that New Look is my absolute faaav for Summer this year. It has everything and all at high street prices which is so so handy. I’ve managed to buy an entire wardrobe for two months straight from New Look, so if anything, I recommend popping in – especially for your holiday bits.
As well as this, I’ve decided to share with you my ultimate favourite buys from the past month – as it would be rude not to!
1. BARRY M FLAWLESS CHISEL CHEEKS CONTOUR KIT – I don’t know if I’ve been living under a rock or if I am just a complete make up novice, but I have never really bothered with contouring. It all seems a bit effort and didn’t think I’d be able to pull it off. I did however pick up this kit from Barry M as it was cheap and cheerful. I actually love it. Although the darkest shade is a little too dark for me, it’s nice to have a complete palette for highlighting and bronzing the important areas and it has handy instructions inside for everyone that hasn’t got a clue what they are doing. Deffo worth the buy.
2. REAL TECHNIQUES COLLECTORS EDITION SCULPTING BRUSH – I actually picked up this limited edition set of three face brushes to use with my contour kit and I looveee the sculpting brush. I didn’t think it would make too much difference having a separate brush for powder and highlighter and blusher but the angled and super soft fibres really do shape the face and I’m not entirely sure what I was doing with my life being I got one of these. Superdrug are currently offering the set at a sale price for £13.99 which is so good for real techniques.
3. THE BODY SHOP HONEY BRONZE HIGHLIGHT DOME – Anyone that knows me knows that I love a good product from The Body Shop. I was convinced to give this highlighting dome a go and I’m so excited to fully put it to use once I’m roaming the streets of Croatia. It makes a nice change from a powdered blusher, it’s creamy and smooth on the skin and you can apply it straight from the dome. I went for the Pink shade of 02 and is perfect for those that have a pale and pink undertone to their skin.
4. THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN C GLOW BOOSTING MOISTURISER – This gel moisturiser is by far by fav buy of the past month. I cannot even tell you how amazing it smells. I am immediately refreshed and it feels so nice when applying to my face. I haven’t used a moisturiser in a really long time as I felt like my skin was depending on it but this has brightened my face and has allowed me to leave the house without make up. I am 100% tempted to try everything from the Vitamin C range. SO SO good.
5. TOPSHOP LIP OMBRE (CURIOUS) – I am really enjoying topshop make up at the moment and I am so pleased they brought out an ombre lipstick. I love this, especially in the purple-y shade of Curious. When the two shades are used together, it pumps up your limps and gives them a fuller look. It isn’t the best at staying on for hours but is great when applied using a lip brush. It also has a cute compact mirror which is great for when you are out and about. Who needs the Kylie Jenner lip challenge ay?!
6. MILLIE MAROTTA’S ANIMAL KINGDOM COLOURING BOOK FOR ADULTS – I have heard lately that art for adults is one of the biggest therapeutic activities you can do and I am a big arts and crafts fan. I also thought I’d give it a go as I constantly have my head in my phone and thought that picking up a hobby for my days off that doesn’t involve spending lots or eating lots or mucking around with technology would be good for me. This one, is one of many by Millie Marotta, and it’s really cute and is so cheap on Amazon. Such a good buy and definitely worth a go if you need a few moments to take some time out.
So that’s it for this week! I am so so ready for sleep, work is killing me but knowing that I have less than two months to go before I can leave forever and get away for the summer, is keeping me going. I have to be so careful with my money in the next few weeks but I will do my best to keep you posted with any beauties. Stay tuned for a complete holiday packing list, which will include some of the things that I have been treating myself too recently.
Have the best Monday and the rest of your week and I will see you when I see you!