I think I have a problem. I am fully addicted to salted caramel. I even had to force myself to put down the salted caramel green tea that I spotted in the supermarket. I’m not alone, right? Anyway, to feed my addiction, I made a million (actually 24) cupcakes with everythang that I love. Banana, Chocolate and Caramel. In no way will I be getting a summer bod let’s put it that way.
WHAT YOU NEED:
140g unsalted butter (I really like Stork)
340g plain flour
500g caster sugar (sorry teeth)
100g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
420ml full-fat milk (I did use semi-skimmed)
1 large banana, peeled and mashed
FOR THE ICING:
I cheated and used Co-ops Salted Caramel Frosting because I loove it. I did pipe my own icing today though (as you can tell) using good ol’ sandwich bags. You can find a fancy tutorial on how to do this heree
also need, mini fudge pieces.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c
2. Put the sugar, butter, flour, baking and cocoa powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until combined and sandy.
3. Beat the milk and eggs in a separate jug and slowly add half to the flour mix whilst whisking. Add the rest and whisk well.
4. Mash up the banana and mix into the mixture.
5. Spoon your cake mix into 24 cupcake cases placed on a muffin tray and place in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Leave to completely cool an pipe on your icing as you’d like.
7. Add your fudge pieces to the top and enjoy with a cuppa.
Soz for the lack of photos, I got a bit carried away and forgot to take photographic evidence of the process (I was hungry) I actually had a mass amount of mixture left over and so I placed the rest into a greased sandwich tin, sprinkled over some fudge and placed in the oven for 30 minutes – very easy cake. and I now have cakes to last me at least half a year. Brill.