IT’S NEW YEARS EVE (already, what?). 2014 has been such an amazing year but also a sad one as I let go of uni and moved back home to try and be a grown up – hasn’t gone too well so far. I thought it appropriate to look back at some of my best times of the year, before saying see yaaa to it all at midnight tonight.
1. BEING CUTE – I spent 6 months of this year going home with the same person every Wednesday (guilty), eating out a lot (mainly Nandos, guilty), watching endless episodes of Sherlock and learning how to use boy apps, like Racing Post… the joys. Although it all ended very quickly and I hate men, it was a decent start to 2014.
2. ONE DIRECTION – 3 words. One Direction, Manchester. BEST NIGHT EVER.
3. GRAD BALL – It was our Graduation ball in June and it was so good spending one last night with everyone from Nottingham, and being in the same room as Fuse ODG (lol) The best night eveeer with my favourite people.
4. MALTA – This year, we went to Malta and I loved it. After having spent a month away last year, a week didn’t feel long enough! I am so lucky either way to have been able to jet off for a week of sun and malibu and pineapple juice.
5. GRADUATION – I graduated! Who knew that after 3 years of late night fry ups, fancy dress and walk of shames, I’d leave Trent with a 2:1.
6. GETTING AN INTERNSHIP – Being a little bit grown up and interning for a real company and learning a thing or two about sales and online marketing (check me out) I also learnt that working from home would never be something I could do without taking 3 hour naps during the day.
7. GOING VERY NORTH – before 2014, I thought that Nottingham was North. It isn’t. This year, I’ve been to Blackpool twice to be with my best girl and spent a night in Middlesbrough getting drunk in a hot tub. Proper North. Sort Of.
8. DECORATING – I completely cleansed my bedroom of my childhood and spent a lot of money on grown up things like bedside tables and bedding. Is this what being an adult feels like?
9. MATILDA – I am in love with the theatre and it has been a couple of years since I’ve been able to splash out and go and see something. This year, I took my niece to see Matilda. One of the best days, despite being very hungover.
10. GETTING A JOB – Although, I didn’t exactly plan to come back from Uni and waitress, I am so happy to have met some beauts and looveee the money – the thought of travelling next year keeps me going when work is, in the bluntest way I know how to describe it, a pile of crap.
I have had the best year looking back and so excited for 2015. WHAT HAVE BEEN YOUR BEST MOMENTS THIS YEAR?