With Christmas ONE WEEK AWAY (literally, where has the year gone?!) I thought it appropriate to make a note of all my faaav things about the month.
1. MY BIRTHDAY – remember, remember the 5th of december, for it is my birthday. I have spent the last few years in nottingham, without my family and so being back at home this year, to go out for lunch and get proper spoilt felt so good.
2. PRESENTS – I get double the amount of presents in December, even if it does mean I have to wait a whole 12 months.
3. CHRISTMAS FILMS – There is something so beaut about watching christmas films anyyyy time of the day. Cheesy independent channel 5 films are my serious guilty pleasure but nothing beats ‘Jack Frost’ (cry).
4. BEING ABLE TO EAT MORE THAN USUAL – For some reason December is not only the month made acceptable by society to eat everything but our bodies allow it too. Erm, stomach full? What?
5. WEARING JUMPERS – This year I am super addicted to jumpers. So much so that Monday night, I wore one to a club and managed to stay sweat free, how?! Answer – December. I also left the club at 3am proper cosy ❤ win.
6. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS – Evenings at home become so much cuter.
7. NEW STARTS – As the last couple of weeks of the year looms, we all begin to think about what we’d like to change in the new year, what we’d like to forget and what we’re celebrating. Out with the old and in with the new, could not be more appropriate this year.
8. SPOILING OTHERS – I actually have money this year to spend on my favourite people and it feels good. It’s nice to be able to spoil other people and December gives us the perfect excuse.
9. BAILEYS – A baileys in December is a massive hint that Christmas is coming. Baileys coffee, baileys hot chocolate, baileys milkshakes, baileys straight – in the least alcoholic way possible.
10. BOXING DAY – 4 words, cold meat and mash. It’s the simple things. And what’s better than an extra day to spend in your pjs, eating leftover turkey and getting drunk with the family?!
Whatever you get up to this year (and pray for me whilst i’m working on christmas day) I hope you all have the besssst one. What are your fav things of the month?